BRIDPORT FOOD FESTIVAL is run by the Bridport Local Food Group, a volunteer run ‘not for profit’ group whose overall aim it to promote and support the areas fantastic food and drink industry and to encourage everybody to eat healthily and eat locally. The Food Festival is our showcase event where we are proud to celebrate our local produce, producers, retailers and hospitality outlets.
It was originally conceived by the West Dorset Food and Land Trust, with support from the Countryside Agency, The Marshwood Vale Magazine, Denhay Farms and Bridport Town Council, and was launched with the help of Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall in 2004. Since then the Festival has blossomed into a well-loved and hugely popular event, regularly attended by over 3000 visitors. It is a much loved fixture in Bridport’s food calendar!
Whether you’d like to get involved in the planning of the Bridport Food Festival by joining the committee, staging a Food Event during the Festival week or find out how your business can get involved with Sponsoring the Bridport Food Festival please do contact us.
Committee Members 2018
- Chairman & Sponsorship – Kathy Dare
- Marketing – Kathy Dare
- Treasurer – Peter Garlick
- Operations Manager & Secretary – Terri Foxwell
- Booking of Trade Stands – Terri Foxwell
- Safety, Traffic and Parking – Peter Wilson
- Site Management – Peter Wilson
- Social Media – Terri Foxwell
- Children’s Marquee – Ines Cavill
- Teen Zone – Anna Cornwell
- Cookery Theatre – TBA
- Taste Trail – TBA
- Make and Taste Marquee – Jay Anderson
- Bridport Round Table Beer Festival – Ed Ackerman