BRIDPORT FOOD FESTIVAL is run by the Bridport Local Food Group, a committee of dedicated volunteers with the aim of supporting producers and promoting local food.
It was originally conceived by the West Dorset Food and Land Trust, with support from the Countryside Agency, The Marshwood Vale Magazine, Denhay Farms and Bridport Town Council, and was launched with the help of Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall in 2004. Since then the Festival has blossomed into a well-loved and hugely popular event, regularly attended by over 3000 visitors. It is a much loved fixture in Bridport’s food calendar!
Whether you’d like to get involved in the planning of the Bridport Food Festival by joining the committee, staging a Food Event during the Festival week or find out how your business can get involved with Sponsoring the Bridport Food Festival please do contact us.
Committee Members 2017
- Chairman & Sponsorship – Kathy Dare
- Marketing – Kathy Dare
- Treasurer – Peter Garlick
- Operations Manager & Secretary – Terri Foxwell
- Safety, Traffic and Parking – Peter Wilson
- Site Management – Peter Wilson
- Social Media – Terri Foxwell
- Children’s Marquee – Ines Cavill
- Teen Zone – Anna Cornwell
- Cookery Theatre – Kevin Chappuis
- Taste Trail – TBA
- Make and Taste Marquee – Jay Anderson
- Food to Go – Terri Foxwell
- Bridport Round Table Beer Festival – Ed Ackerman