I am pleased to announce the Taste Trail menus are (mostly) in and in exchange for a Taste Trail token, priced from £2 each, you will be able to get:
Cafe Royal (8.30am to 5pm daily)
- Any one of our 4oz burgers (standard beef, chicken or spicy bean)
Citrus Grove Cafe (8:30am until 4:45pm Monday to Thursday, 10am to 3:45pm on Sunday)
- Homemade cream tea
Joe’s Cafe (Monday to Wednesday 8am until 2pm)
- Homemade bubble and squeak with a free range fried egg and a steaming mug of tea (option to replace egg with tomato)
- One of our homemade puddings (bread pudding or apple cake) with traditional English custard and a steaming mug of tea
Leakers Bakery (Monday to Thursday 8am until 5pm)
- “Ploughmans and a Pud” a cheese & cider mini loaf packed with cheese, ham & pickle with a stick of celery and something sweet for afters.
Quarter Deck (8am-10:30am and 12 noon until 8:30pm daily)
- Crispy Tex Mex Cheesy Potato Skins
- Local Asparagus Reveulto (scambled egg and asparagus)
- West Bay Crab Tart (weather dependent)
Red Brick Cafe
Riverside Restaurant (Sunday 10am-4pm and Tuesday to Thursday 12 noon-2:30 pm & 6.30 – 9 pm)
- A Seafood Cocktail of Crab, Lobster and Prawn with homemade mayonnaise
Sladers Yard (10am to 5pm daily)
- Tunisian Roasted Sardine with spiced cherry tomatoes (2 tokens)
- Mini Orange and Pistachio Polenta Cake
The George, Bridport (12 noon until 2:30pm and 6pm until 9pm daily)
- Ramekin of Lyme Bay Crab Bisque, flamed with brandy and finished with double cream, served with a breadstick.
The George, West Bay
- Mini Seafood Platter
Washingpool Farm Restaurant (Availability dependent on menu item)
- Mini cheddar and spinach soufflé with salad (Monday to Thursday 12 noon to 3pm)
- The best cheesy chips with mature Somerset Cheddar (Monday to Thursday 12 noon to 3pm)
- Piece of Washingpool cake with a cup of tea or coffee (Monday to Saturday 8.30am to 4pm. Sunday 10am to 11.30am and 2pm to 3.30pm)
Wessex Wines (9:15am to 1pm Monday to Thursday, 4pm to 5:30pm Monday to Wednesday, 4pm-7.30pm Thursday as a Taste Trail Special)
- Discover ‘LES CEPAGES OUBLIES’ a newly created range of French wines which highlight wines made from lesser known grape varieties from plots of old, low production vines. This is a tasting of 4 wines including 2 red and 2 white from Languedoc and Gascony.
West Bay Tea Rooms (10am to 5pm daily)
- Scrumptious mini cream tea including one scone (plain or fruit), jam, local cream and a pot of Clipper tea.
(Further menu’s to be announced shortly)
Tokens are priced as follows:
- £2.30 for a single token purchase before food week (from Tourist Information)
- £2.50 for a single token purchased during food week
- £10 for a strip of 5 tokens purchased before food week (from Tourist Information)
- £11 for a strip of 5 tokens purchased during food week
Tokens are available from Bridport Tourist Information Centre. Participating venues will also have a small number of tokens for purchase during the event in case you run out.